Sunday, May 16, 2010

Ogden City Marathon




Kids Pizza / Poster party to cheer their moms on!
McKall, Kortlin, Kylin, & Marshall. Scott and Thompson making hand prints.



Scott and Murphy making hand prints.


RACE DAY! With my friends just minutes before the start.
Danene, Angie, me and Jessica.

The race is on.....
Mile 13 was my favorite spot. Our families were there to cheer us on and Marshall was running as fast as he could to catch me to give me a kiss. I had to turn around and run back to kiss him or I would have never forgiven myself. This was at the top of the spillway of Pineview Reservoir. Mile 17 and almost all downhill from here! The day was perfect. The temperature and the weather was just right and the canyon was gorgeous.Why is that lady in the background smiling so big? She's making me look bad. Please tell me she only ran the half marathon or even better, the 5 K. I was pooped! It might look close to you, but I swear that finish line was moving away from me.

We did it!

Me, Jessica and Angie. Glad we did it! Glad to be done!

Favorite poster from the race: "Anyone can run. It takes a special kind of idiot to run a marathon!" Amen!

1 comment:

  1. Congrats! You survived! So, when's your next one? :) And that's my favorite poster too, except when I saw it, it said, "Any idiot can run. It takes..." etc. It's not that we're idiots, we're SPECIAL idiots!

    ReplyDelete