Saturday, October 17, 2009

Top Of Utah Half Marathon 2009

My friend Angie and I ran the Top Of Utah 1/2 marathon this year. It starts up Blacksmith Fork Canyon at the power plant, goes down Hollow Road, through Nibley and Millville, and ends in Providence. It was so much easier to run this year because I had Angie there to talk to. She's been my exercise buddy for years. We have great conversations and time flies. Angie is a really strong runner and she motivates me to be strong too. I think she was probably bruised up when she got done, because I can't run a straight line and I was constantly running into her and elbowing her while we were running. She was a good sport though. Thanks Ang! You're the best!
I really wanted my family to be there, but I didn't say too much because I knew it would be boring for them. In the back of my mind, I suspected that McKall would have everything already planned out. As we were running, Angie and I were saying it would be nice to have a camera to take some pictures. I told her that if McKall came, chances were she'd think to bring one. I was right! As usual, McKall was on top of things. She was there with Scott and the other kids, with a camera and a cute poster she had painted, to cheer me on! Thanks for the pictures and poster McKall! I love you sweetheart!
When I was running in it was hard to find my family because there are so many people at the finish line. Plus, after 13 miles, my brain isn't functioning as sharp as it could and my eyes are fairly blurry too. But they started yelling at me and I looked over and there they were with that cute poster and their big smiles! You can see how happy they make me! I have an awesome family!!!! Thanks guys! You're the best! And a special 'shout out' to Scott for letting me spend so much time training and playing. And for getting the kids ready and on the bus every morning so that I can workout! You're the best!

I felt really good after this run. I could have kept going. It has motivated me to try to run a full marathon. I've signed up for the Ogden Marathon in May. If any of my friends out there, want to join me, I'd love it! Let me know and we can do some training runs together!

No comments:

Post a Comment